To provide legal expertise and services to the Ministry.
The functions of this Unit are:-
• Provide legal advice and assistance to Ministry Divisions and Units; and entities under the Ministry on interpretation of laws, terms of contract, terms of agreements, privatization agreements, procurement contracts, guarantees, letters of undertaking, memorandum of understanding, consultancy agreements and other type of agreements, and other legal documents.
• Provide technical support in preparation of proposed bill/act, subsidiary.
• Oversee negotiations of the Ministry.
• Participate to various negotiations and meetings that call for legal expertise on communication, science and technology sector.
• Translate laws and legislation within the communication, science and technology sectors.
• Liaise with the Office of Attorney Generals Chamber on litigation of civil cases and other claims involving the Ministry
• Prepare and review various legal instruments such as orders, notices, certificates, agreements and transfer deeds.